January 26, 2011

Shabby Chic or just plain Shabby?

I thought you'd like to take a peek at my newest creation.  I like to think of it as "going green" or recycling.  I used our local newspaper for some of the back ground paper.  I made some cards for Danielle's co-workers for her to give out on Valentines day and this is what I came up with.
Stampin' Up! has some yummy DSP paper that I do not have yet ~ so I improvised!  I used the local newspaper.  Tacky?  I don't know, it seems to give this card a little touch of "old".  I kinda added my own little touch to it with the "local news" addition... he he he... 

Here are the details:  The base card is Real Red that I layered with some Pink paper that I ran thru my cuttlebug with the mini hearts folder.  I then cut a panel of the paper up and layered it on to a piece of Real Red card stock.  I added a piece of Springtime Vintage paper (from the Occasions Mini) that I used my scallop trim border punch and added some old lace and some yummy Rose Red seam binding tape to the top.  I stamped the heart(Be my Valentine) in Real Red ink and again on a scrap with Rich Razzleberry ink and added that to the top of the heart.  I pop dotted that layer to the card.  I've wanted to use my hat pins for a long time so I added those with a few beads and pearls to the card ~ they can be a little bulky since they are not being mailed.  
Here's the close up ~ pretty, huh?  Do you think that it is a little to shabby - or just chic enough??  Let me know, I'd love to hear your comments.  Thanks for stopping by today.
Photobucket

No comments: