January 20, 2011

I've gone to the birds!

I was bouncing around the internet a couple of days ago and I noticed an adorable little birdhouse that Nichole Heady had posted.  It was so darn cute I knew that I needed to make it!  You can make one too, just go HERE and she's got the PDF for you. 

So here is my version, ready...
So here's the deet's for you.  The base birdhouse is Bashful Blue that I stamped with a stamp from Thoughts and Prayers in Certainly Celery and Bashful Blue ink.  Around the entrance to the birdhouse I punched out a piece of Crumb Cake with my 1 1/4" and scallop circle punches to dress it up a bit.  To create the roof I used a piece of Bashful Blue as a base and I cut DSP Patterns Stack with my Perfect Setting Bigz Xl Die to layer the pieces.  I thought that it looked cute.   
See the ribbon thru the roof?  OMGoodness, it's great!!  It's actually 1/2" seam binding ribbon in Rose Red from the Occasions Mini Catty that is out.  There is so much yummy stuff in there, take a peek!  I created the tag with my Decorative Label punch out of Crumb Cake and stamped the birdcage from the Aviary set in Early Espresso ink.  It's hard to tell but the bird inside the cage is stamped in Soft Suede.  The reinforcement on top of the tag is actually one I made from scrap.  I filled the birdhouse with some crinkle paper left over from a Christmas gift and I was done.  So, what do you think??  Adorable.  And perfect for upcoming spring!!

Anytime I post a project or card and there is something that you see or like - I generally like to post a link to the product on my Stampin' Up! site.  If you'd like to place an order you can contact me anytime.

And now to talk a little about the Occasions Mini.  There is so many great new things in here - and of course they are all must have's!  Just click on the picture above to download the PDF or you can click on the picture in my sidebar of any of the current cattys and be taken to the PDF direct.

Stay tuned - tomorrow I will be posting more fun stuff!!

And only 4 more days til Sale-a-Bration!  Who needs free stamps??  We all do!  Stay tuned for that!!Photobucket

No comments: