May 26, 2011

Noteably Ornate

I thought that I'd pop in to post a card that I totally love from a set that is I think my new go to set.  I just love it, Noteably Ornate.  Please, please Stampin' Up! don't retire this set anytime soon.
A (long) time ago when Betty stopped by she brought some cards that she received from the swap at Leadership so we thought that we'd try to duplicate it.  There are a couple of things different that we did that was not the same as that card as she had because of course we did not have all the same supplies ~ but I still like how ours turned out.

The base card is Basic Black that we layered with white and some Cherry Cobbler card stock.  We ran the Cherry Cobbler thru the Big Shot with the Petals-a-Plenty embossing folder.  We stamped the main image from the Notably Ornate stamp set on to white cardstock and cut out around the frame - before adhering the frame down I distressed the edges of the Basic Black with my craft knife.  I stamped the bird in Cherry Cobbler ink on to white cardstock, cut it out and pop dotted it on to the card ~ I also added a little pearl for the eye.  The sentiment is stamped on to white cardstock with black ink then punched out with my modern label punch.  I layered that on to a piece of Cherry Cobbler that was cut out with the same punch - I just cut it in the middle and tapered it on the to the white piece before adding all that to a Basic Black piece that I punched out with my large oval punch.  I added some old lace to the corners and I was complete.

I hope that you enjoyed this card.  I did find out today that Stampin' Up! will be coming out with their discontinued list the beginning of June so I will be sure to post it for you all.  It's always best to get a look at that list and order up what you'd like to before it's all gone.Photobucket

No comments: