November 4, 2010

Santa's Drawer's SU! Style

Hello everyone ~ I've got a little something cute to show you tonight.  Yesterday on SCS they had a tutorial for what they called "Santa's Drawer's" and the minute I saw it I knew that I just had to do it.  But I did not really make it for Christmas ~ I instead made mine for a birthday or celebration gift.

Ready?  Here it is...
Ok, first let me say I am not color blind ~ but for some reason I thought that Melon Mambo and More Mustard looked ok together.  I still think so ~ call me crazy!

I followed the directions given on SCS to make the box.  Believe it or not there is no tape that is used on this box or the drawers.  The way you fold it keeps it together, cool huh?  I took a sheet of More Mustard and used that for the base.  I then used some of the Designer Series paper in Melon Mambo for the drawers.  I punched out scrap of the More Mustard with my 1/2" circle punch and placed a crystal brad thru the center to use as my "drawer pulls".  I took a plate from my Hodge Podge Hardware kit (yes, this is last years plate, I don't have this years set yet) and added that to the long bottom drawer.  I had stamped the cuppy cake from the Party Hearty set in with Melon Mambo and Pumpkin Pie markers and punched that out with my 1 3/8" circle punch and added it to a piece of More Mustard that was punched out with my scallop circle punch.  I also stamped another cuppy cake top and pop dotted it over the top of that one.  The scallop circle I paper pierced and then added a some dots of the Shimmer Paint to it for a little more umph...  I then adhered it to the top corner of the Top Note die that I cut out of More Mustard and layered with more Melon Mambo DP.  Once it was all put together I ran a length of 5/8" grosgrain ribbon around the box and added a "faux" bow to it and I was complete.

Remember to take a peek at my previous post about the special that Stampin' Up is offering right now - and there is a little special from me too if you place an order. 

I hope that this inspires you somehow - I think I just might make another tonight, we'll see.  Have a super great evening!
Photobucket

4 comments:

Stephenie Thomas said...

This is great Joani! I love the color combination together. :) I love how you made it not Christmasy either, it is so cute!

Best Wishes with SU! I'd love to order something from you. It's been so long since I've gotten anything.

I hope all is well with you! I'd love to see you all and stamp sometime! :O)

CG said...

Wow, what great inspiration! And I agree, an odd color combo but one that works well. Might have to try my hand at this project...Love SCS!

Betty said...

And to think, I let my best customer get away! Warning: Do Not pass your Upline! LOL
No, truly a super job - love it!

Newbie said...

Very Nice Joani! I am NOT what you call a color cordinating person- I just know what looks pretty to me! And I LIKE your color combo! The whole project is very cute! Love how you did it for all occasions and not just a holiday!! Good idea!