July 29, 2011

Pennant Parade

How did I ever manage to look this set over?  It's far beyond me.  Betty happened to be over the other day and brought some of her goodies with her.  I think that it helped to get my mojo flowing again.  I've been in a rut ~ and of course now I HAVE to buy all the stuff she brought.  Have you noticed that you may not have something - either a tool or paper or some great embellishment, then when your at a workshop or a crop or even a friends playing with paper they have it.  Once you touch it you just have to have it!  I'm one of those people.  Betty brought all her new goodies and paper and now I'm trying to sell the dog so I can place an order!!  Ok people, for those of you who don't know me too well I AM ONLY KIDDING.  My hubby would kill me (there I go again, kidding!!)

Anyway, on to the card.  It's just a basic simple card but to give this to someone would really put a smile on their face.
The base card is one of the new In Colors called Wisteria Wonder.  I ran it thru the Big Shot with the Square Lattice Textured Impressions embossing folder first.  I then punched out the border with the new Large Lace Ribbon border punch with Melon Mambo paper.  I stamped the pennants with the new Pennant Parade stamp set in Melon Mambo and Wisteria Wonder inks then punched them out with the Petite Pennants punch.  It needed a sentiment so I stamped "wish big" in Melon Mambo ink on white card stock then layered it on to a piece of Wisteria Wonder scrap that I punched out with my Modern Label Punch.  After looking at it for a while I thought that it needed something so I stamped the stars in the matching colors and punched them out with my 1/2" circle punch pop dotted them on top and I was done.

It was a quick and easy card and it's fun!

I'm working on another tutorial and I hope to have it up in the next week or so - so make sure to come back.  Like I've said before, if there is anything that you might have a question about I'm always here just shoot me an email!

Have a super great day ~ and a terrific weekend!
Photobucket

No comments: